Tomorrow marks the third year for the Tredyffrin Backyard Eco-Tour — Saturday, July 7, eight eco-gardeners in and around Tredyffrin will welcome the public in to their backyards.
The Tredyffrin Backyard Eco Tour will offer gardeners, aspiring gardeners or people who want to learn more about gardening in an environmentally friendly way, an opportunity to see some of the most creative uses of natural landscapes. Living in a sustainable community nowadays is becoming more important as our water and non-renewable resources are becoming scarcer.
- Tour the gold certified “green” building at Jenkins Arboretum
- Discover the Discovery Garden at Heritage School (fun for kids)
- How to install a small pond or water feature in your yard
- Find out about implementing solar and geothermal energy for homes
- See 3 Certified Wildlife Habitats and learn how to create your own
- Learn about locally native plants – trees, shrubs, perennials, vines, etc.
- Learn how to save $$ on fertilizers, herbicides, lawn care & maintenance
This is a great chance to learn about using native plants, renewable energy, and sustainable practices in your own home and garden. Eco-gardens prove that you can have a landscape that is beautiful and unique – and gentle on the environment. Not to be missed, the tour will provide visitors with plenty of inspiring ideas for their own gardens.
DATE: Saturday, July 7th (rain or shine)
TIME: 10 am to 4 pm (arrive & depart on your own schedule)
STARTING LOCATION: Purchase your “badge” and get map & directions at Tredyffrin Township Library parking lot (582 Upper Gulph Rd., Strafford/Wayne, PA 19087) from 9:45 am to 3:00 pm
COST: $10 per adult, children under 18 free